The Paddock Garden in Newland was opened in 2005 to celebrate 1300 years since the founding of Sherborne Abbey. This is the first public garden to be opened in the town since the Pageant Garden was established 100 years before.
The Abbey can be seen from the garden, in the distance:
The garden is overlooked by Sherborne House, once Lord Digby’s School and now a historic landmark:
Paddock garden is owned and maintained by Sherborne Town Council and it is populated by seats sponsored by private donors.
This beautiful formal garden is a credit to Sherborne and a fitting commemoration of the founding of our ancient town!
This website is honoured to have twice won the coveted Barry Cruse Trophy for 'Best Website' in the South West in Bloom regional competition.
We were awarded the trophy in 2010 and 2013.