Sherborne is Blooming
Blooming Good News!
Today, at the RHS South West in Bloom awards ceremony in Truro cathedral, Sherborne won a Gold Pennant award in the Village to Small Town Category. This is the highest award we could have won in our category, so congratulations to all the hard-working gardeners in the town who so impressed our judges.
In addition, the following adopt-a-plots were awarded certificates in the ‘It’s Your Neighbourhood’ scheme:
- Coldharbour Wildflower Garden (Level 1 Establishing)
- Old Toilet Garden (Level 4 Thriving)
- Sherborne Police Station (Level 4 Thriving)
- Kitt Hill Garden (Level 4 Thriving)
- Sherborne Railway Station (Level 5 Outstanding)
- Long Street Planter (Level 5 Outstanding)
- Castleton Wildflower Garden (Level 5 Outstanding)
Oh, and this website won the Barry Cruse Award for the Best Website. We are honoured to receive this trophy for the second time, beating all of the competing cities, towns and villages in the South West Region 🙂
The event in Truro was attended by several hundred representatives of In Bloom communities and we all had a friendly exuberant day in the main hall of the cathedral. The host town treated us very hospitably and a good time was had by all.
Thank you Bloomers, you all deserve these wins!
This website is honoured to have twice won the coveted Barry Cruse Trophy for 'Best Website' in the South West in Bloom regional competition.
We were awarded the trophy in 2010 and 2013.